Volunteer Boards & Commissions
To apply for board & commission positions (when available) please complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Community Advisory Board:
The Community Advisory Board is comprised of members from eight districts (PDF) and was formed in spring 2019. Members serve two-year terms.
Key objectives for the Lakeland Citizen Advisory Board include:
- Improve communication between Lakeland residents, City staff and Board of Commissioners
- Provide citizens the opportunity for early engagement on important community issues/concerns
- Create an opportunity for Lakeland residents to learn more about City government and departments
- Provide input directly from their respective neighborhood areas to inform staff and the Board of Commissioners to effectively allocate resources.
- Jonathan Spiceland, Chairman, District 5, SpicelandDistrict5@gmail.com
- Kimberly Rossie, Vice-Chairman, District 2, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Glatzer, District 8, email@example.com
- Vacant, District 1 (if you live in Distfict 1, shown below, and wish to volunteer please complete the application above!)
- Ben Ledsinger, District 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sally Nickle, District 6, Snickle6sb@gmail.com
- Megan Pope, District 7, email@example.com
- Jason Valentine, District 3, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commissioner Michele Dial, Board of Commissioners Liaison, email@example.com
Community Advisory Board Districts:
Lakeland PULSE Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee:
Industrial Development Board:
The Industrial Development Board (IDB) promotes and actively pursues economic development activity within the city. The IDB has a series of tools at its disposal, including the ability to create tax increment financing (PDF) districts (TIF), tax abatements, and other methods of spurring re-development of existing areas and bringing new, high-quality commercial development to Lakeland.
Regular Meeting - Fourth Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Alan Johnson, Chair
- Richard Gonzales, Jr., Vice-Chair
- Shaun Brannen
- Derek Johnston
- Richard Justin
- Brian Sullivan
- Mayor Josh Roman, Board of Commissioners Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Municipal Planning/Design Review Commission:
Municipal Planning reviews development plans and zoning and planning matters.
Design Review evaluates the design, sign, lighting, and landscaping plans of commercial businesses.
Regular Meeting - Second Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
30 days prior to the meeting
Paul Luker, Planning Director
- Wyatt Bunker, Chair
- Carl Helton, Vice-Chair
- Amber Hitchcock, Secretary
- Sal Feraci
- Adam Henry
- Shawn Rowland
- Commissioner Jim Atkinson, Board of Commissioners Liaison, email@example.com
Board of Appeals/Stormwater Board of Appeals (SWBOA):
The BOA/SWBOA meets on the third Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
30 days prior to the meeting
- Jason Eaton
- Kevin Floyd
- Byron Ledbetter
- Thomas Pickering
- Commissioner Wesley Wright, Board of Commissioners Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Recreation/Natural Resources Board:
This board reviews and recommends park development plans, recreation programs, and locations for new parks. Read more about the Parks and Recreation Department. The board also considers matters and makes recommendations related to the conservation of natural resources.
Meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
One week prior to the meeting
Pat O’Mara, Parks and Recreation Director