- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City
- Leads and partners with City staff to provide essential services to City residents
- Provides recommendations to the Board of Commissioners on a variety of public policy issues
- Implements the policies, procedures, resolutions and ordinances adopted by the Board of Commissioners
- Presents and implements the annual budget following adoption by the Board of Commissioners
- Serves as President of the Lakeland Industrial Development Board and staff liaison to the Lakeland Economic Development Commission and Community Advisory Board
Shane Horn has served as City Manger for the City of Lakeland since October 1, 2018. As the City's Chief Administrative Officer, Mr. Horn oversees the day-to-day operations and works with City staff and Board of Commissioners to chart the strategic direction of the City.
Prior to coming to Lakeland, Shane Horn served the City of Adrian, Michigan for over 26 years in a variety of capacities including Director of Utilities before serving as their City Administrator from 2014-2018.
Shane earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Administration from Siena Heights University in Adrian, Michigan and a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from Villanova University. Shane is an International City/County Management Association Credentialed Manager (ICMA-CM) and a proud member of the Tennessee City Management Association (TCMA) and the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA).