City Permits

The Planning Department coordinates the City's review of various permit applications, including accessory structures, fences, signs, and tree removal. For more information, visit the Planning Department's Application Forms and Instructions page by clicking here.

For swimming pools, detached garages, additions, etc., a Shelby County permit is required in addition to Lakeland’s permit requirements. Determine the adopted code that relates to your project. 

The Engineering Department coordinates the City's review of Land Disturbance and Retaining Wall permit applications.

See a list of regulated activities and associated fees (PDF).

Contact City Hall at 901-867-2717, for any questions or additional information.

Lakeland City Hall is located at 10001 U.S. Highway 70, Lakeland, TN 38002.
Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Click here to return to the main Neighborhood Services page.