Household Trash, Recycling, and Yard Waste
Team Waste provides curbside collection of Household Waste, Recyclables, and Yard Waste for the City of Lakeland.
Includes one 95 gallon Trash Cart, one 95 gallon Recycle Cart, one 95 gallon Yard Waste Cart
To schedule new service, discontinue service, report missed collection, or need cart repair/replacement contact Lakeland City Hall at (901) 867-2717
On the scheduled trash day, ALL containers must be left on the curb by 7 AM.
When placing your cart at the curb, please place the lid opening towards the street and ensure the wheels of the cart are facing away from the street. Please also leave at least 3 feet of space between the trash cart and your mailbox or other structures, including your other disposal carts (recycling and yard waste).
The trash collection observed holidays are as followed:
New Years Day
On the weeks of holidays, trash collection will be delayed by one day. For example: if Christmas Day falls on a Monday, all trash for the entire week will be delayed by one day. Monday pickups will be on Tuesday, Tuesday pickup will be on Wednesday, etc. If the holiday is in the middle of the week, say Wednesday, Monday and Tuesday pickup would remain the same but all days starting on Wednesday and after would be delayed by one day.
Household garbage (trash) is defined as anything from waste cans inside your home and bagged trash that can be placed in the garbage cart.
- DO NOT put hot coals or ashes in your cart.
- DO NOT put construction materials, rocks, dirt, or concrete in your cart. It will not be collected.
- DO NOT put car batteries, paint, tires, large auto parts, or dead animals in your container. It will not be collected.
- DO NOT put loose medical sharps in your regular trash cart.
- DO NOT put Household Hazardous Waste in your cart.
- YOU MAY put garbage in the yard waste container or yard waste in the garbage container. It all goes into the same truck at the same time.
- Small appliances may be placed in your 95-gallon container OR left on the curb with the regular trash.
- Appliances, furniture, and other bulk items:
- Call City Hall at 901-867-2717 to schedule a pickup.
- This is a FREE service for 10 cubic yards or less. $25 disposal fee for appliances.
Acceptable yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, and small branches. Any limbs or branches placed in the cart must be cut so that the lid can close. Team Waste will also pick up unlimited bags of leaves (35 pounds and under). Large limbs which will not fit in the cart will be collected by the City’s bulk waste service.
Free removal of up to 10 boxes, if broken down.
All contractor and builder waste must be removed by the contractor.