- Board of Appeals
Board of Appeals
The Lakeland Board of Appeals (BOA) consists of five members, including a member of the Board of Commissioners. The other members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Meetings are typically held on the third Monday of each month at 5:30 PM at City Hall, though dates are subject to change. To verify upcoming meeting dates and view current and archived meeting agendas, visit the City's Agenda Center site.
The BOA is a quasi-judicial body that has the authority to review and grant the following:
- Conditional Use Permits. Certain land uses are permitted only when a Conditional Use Permit has been obtained from the BOA. These uses are established in Article III, Section 2 of the Land Development Regulations.
- Zoning Variances. Requests for variances from the strict application of the Zoning Regulations are reviewed by the BOA. Before granting a Variance, the BOA must make specific findings related to physical and topographical conditions, the property's relationship to other properties in the same zoning district, and the effect the Variance may have on neighboring properties, among other factors.
- Administrative Appeals. An applicant may appeal to the BOA a decision made by the Code Administrator or other City official in carrying out or enforcing the Zoning Regulations.
- Boundary Interpretations. The BOA is charged with interpreting the City's official Zoning Map and resolving zoning boundary disputes.
- Stormwater Appeals. The BOA also serves as the City's Stormwater Appeals Board. Questions regarding stormwater appeals should be directed to the City's Engineering Department. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Jason Eaton
- Kevin Floyd
- Byron Ledbetter
- Thomas Pickering
- Commissioner Wesley Wright, Board of Commissioners Liaison @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- To send correspondence to the Board of Appeals, email firstname.lastname@example.org. All written public comments regarding an agenda item must be received by 4:00 PM the day before the scheduled meeting.
- To receive email notifications when Board of Appeals meeting agendas are published, visit the Notify Me page, enter your email address to log-in, and then choose Meeting Agendas. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2022 Board of Appeals Submittal and Meeting Calendar
- Board of Appeals By-Laws (2015)
- Board of Appeals Application Form, Fee Schedule, and Public Notice Information @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>