Shelby County Health Department issues Health Order No. 26 today to go into effect on Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Health Order No. 26 includes the following additional information and changes:
- Data about a recent decline in cases and why we should continue with current measures so that we do not experience a plateau followed by another surge.
- New information on developments that have occurred since Health Order 25 was released, including:
- Guidance on booster doses that are now available to certain groups of people;
- Update on a recent court order requiring the Department to enforce its indoor mask requirement;
- Notice of a possible new emergency temporary standard from OSHA regarding vaccines and employers with 100 or more employees; and
- Announcement from Pfizer that it is seeking approval for use of its COVID-19 vaccine for children 5 years and older.
- Requirement that businesses and schools report to the Department within 24 hours any employee, student, worker, or contractor who has tested positive or who had contact with a person who tested positive.
- Requirement that businesses and schools post “mask required” signs at entrances to provide notice to employees, students, and visitors that masks are required in public, indoor areas.
A pdf of the text of Health Order No. 26 is attached and it can also be viewed at http://shelbytnhealth.com/healthdirectives.