The Parks & Recreation Director:
- Plans, directs, organizes, and administers the City's parks programs, including special events and other activities.
- Coordinates the maintenance and improvements of leisure facilities including the IH Clubhouse and Senior Center, including assessments and inspections for safety, maintenance, and renovation purposes.
- Develops and implements the departmental operating budget and monitors costs to maintain budget integrity.
- Seeks public input on parks and recreational facilities, programs, and associated activities; and, updates the Parks Board on the status of parks and recreation programs and facilities on a regular basis and coordinates activities with the board, as appropriate.
- Participates in the long-range planning of parks and recreational facilities and guides plan development.
- Procures funding for recreation and parks facilities and programs from a variety of sources, including grants, donations and fund-raising activities.
- Coordinates activities and trains volunteers, staff, officials, instructors, and other personnel associated with recreation and parks programs.
- Coordinates activities and communicates with other departments and agencies that affect the community's recreation and parks programs.
Patrick joined the City of Lakeland staff as Parks & Recreation Director in March 2020. He serves as Staff Advisor to the Parks/Natural Resources Board. Patrick earned his Master's Degree of Business Administration in 2010, and has been a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional since 2018.
Photo by Pure Pixel Photography - www.purepixelphotography.net